Saturday, October 15, 2022

yes I am selfish, are you?


Open letter to all those who want to be romantically involved with me


Would your being romantically involved with me help me with my dreams? What I value and care about deeply? What I live for? What I breath for?

Would your being romantically in bed with me help me to achieve what I want to achieve in this world??

What about the basics below:

Would it provide for my family?

Would it pay for all the medical bills?

Would it keep my family fed? Sheltered? 

Would it provide for this stuff even if you passed away or lost interest? Keeping us safe even after you were gone?  

But going back to what mattered to me..

Would it provide my family the resources it needed to go after our own dreams of what mattered to us?

Or only what mattered to you?

Do you honestly believe that just being with you should be enough to keep me happy and content and that that should be the only thing that mattered to me?

I understand you feeling that way.

I did actually once almost feel that way about my ex.

I often do feel that way about my family.

But people die. Or leave.

If we only lived for another human then when that human was gone what would be left of us 

So we each have to live for something greater then any of us...a dream, a goal, bigger then ourselves.

Some people live for a god. Or an ideal.
Or for a vision.  

I have a vision that involves the home I love.

Can YOU make that happen?

If you really loved me and cared about me, shouldn't you be caring more about helping me make that happen then whether I am with you or not?









No comments:

Post a Comment