Tuesday, March 19, 2019

I dont believe in narcissists or empaths.. here's why

Warning : this is meant.to provoke and be controversial!

I dont believe in pure narcissists and here is why..
Bc, Personally I believe ALL of humanity is narcissistic by very nature .. ie ego.
.
Even those who live purely for others have some pride in their ego , for being available to others.
 
If you look analytically at the most unnarcissistic people, even they do their kind caringnees because they do actually get something out of it.. whether its satisfaction of a job well done or the joy they feel when they feel others are happy..

Even the most empathetic people who just want everyone else to be happy are in a way narcissistic.  

Think about this.    As an empath, you feel the pain of others so its in your best interest to either be around people who are already optimistic, positive people or to help the person who is suffering ro not be suffering quote as much so that you do not feel so much pain yourself.

So i personally believe part of being human is having some part of oneself be narcissistic and some part be empathetic.  

Now the argument is that a pure narcissistic, psychopath etc are completely incapable of thinking about how others feel about things.   That their brains are completely unwired to do so.  And incapable of feeling another person's feelings the way an empath does. 
okay, not this i half agree with and half disagree.  okay, i agree with the science of the data taken of the brain that shows a quote "empath" and "the other ones" have different parts of their brain that they use to determine what other people are feelling. 


But I disagree with the semantics in the argument that Psychopaths do not have the brain ability to empathize. 
The reason why I disagree with this is because so often these pscyhopaths, narcissists,  so often have learned to blend in so well and have become so adept at pretending to be empathetic and charismatic that most people are completely unaware that they are interacting with one until a later time.
and I believe the only way that this is possible is because they have learned to read other people's feelings in a different sort of way. okay, they cannot FEEL the feelings in the exact same way as an empath does, but they can still "empathize" with a person (and i use this word carefully).. in that there ability to recognize  and read people has made them so adept at being able to pretend to empathize that they sometimes and oftentimes do a far better job of making another person feel momentarily  empathized with that then a normal empathic person who is so busy trying to block their empathy otherwise becoming too easily overwhelmed, that they "turn off" their ability to empathize.

I know this.  bc technically i am an empath.  or so I have been told.
but from a certain angle and at some times, depending on my behaviour, I can also seem like a narcissist.  in fact i would be shocked in my ex didn't consider me a narcissist because around him I did tend to act that way a lot.  mostly i spent so much of my day feeling so overwhelmed by the rest of the world and also always trying to read him, that i would get my brain and senses fried and would have to start thinking selfishly to try to regain some sense of a feeling of understanding or control of my surroundings and my world and my space. 

anyways, the reason why I post this.. is because the books and way that narcissim is put out there, people become so terrified an almost phobia of narcissists or any mental quirk that it does our world more harm then the mental quirks themselves do, at least in my own personal opinion.

esp bc most people only understand a half sentence of two of something they have read.. but i have even once or twice met professional therapists who didn't quite get all the vagaries of human nature and were a little narrow minded in their understanding.  okay, i've met two people like that.. but that was enough. 






ps:
I hope after having read this, you will leave a little note in the comments section that you stopped by and read it.  feel free to go on about how much you disagree or agree.. although I don't know if I recommend following along since I am likely to offend people on this blog, I do hope you will follow along on our SS media pages which you can find in the menu section of www.krineteagle.com
plus if you have $12 to spare this year, we would be ever so grateful if you would send $1/month burst of encouragment to us over at www.patreon.com/KeE or onto our paypal account on the krineteagle account.  
much obliged.  thank you again for letting me share my thoughts with you. :D



originally written 2nd week of  March 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment